BY MOMWISE OGECHI UCHEATU
Got summer plans? It is that time of the year again when families pack up and hit the road for some fun in the sun! Summer is a great time of the year and I know that planning a family trip can be quite taxing and time consuming. If you are looking for good summer vacation spots for you and your family, we have the inside scoop on some amazing and affordable destinations.
- Assateague Island National Seashore (Maryland): This is a fun destination located in Maryland, USA. This costal bay offers fun activities such as fishing, kayaking, and camping. You can also watch wild horses and birds. The average drive time from the DMV area is about 2.5 hours.
- Sesame Place (Pennsylvania): The Sesame Place is a family friendly theme park with a lot of rides, shows and parades. Your children can also dine with Elmo and Friends and parents can enjoy the fun events.
- Rehoboth Beach (Delaware): Rehoboth Beach is another great and convenient destination for the family. It offers a great beachside experience and a relaxing opportunity for families to bond.
- Niagara Falls (New York): Another cool spot is the Niagara Falls. It a wonderful sight to behold and children are often fascinated by the huge waterfall. It offers great restaurants and outdoor activities.
- Outer Banks (North Carolina): The Outer Banks is a historical location with a bucket list of water, land and air activities such as costal helicopters, horseback riding, dolphin watching and Sand Dune Buggy and Jeep rentals. There is certainly something fun for everyone at the Outer Banks.
- Myrtle Beach (South Carolina): Myrtle Beach is another beachside vacation spot that offers fun and memorable activities such as a robust amusement park with roller coasters, water slides and race tracks. There is also an aquarium where children can learn about the various creatures under the sea.
We hope that you take advantage of the beautiful summer weather and head out to make some unforgettable memories with your family!
What has been your favorite and most memorable vacation spot? We would love to hear from you.